- What does the idea/concept of a manifesto mean to you?
When I think of a manifesto, I see a group of like-minded people getting together to draw up ideas and beliefs on a burning issue. It usually contains a protest element in it.
- Is there a specific manifesto that you align to?
- Or that has interested/influenced you?
Historically, the best known manifesto is in my opinion that of the Communist party. It is required reading. But I can’t say that I am a particularly avid reader/seeker of manifestos.
- Do you have a personal manifesto?
No and I would probably never have one because I am all too aware how transient things are. But I guess manifestos are valid at one point in time if you really feel strongly about an issue.
- Do you think that manifestos still have relevance to society at large or groups of people in the 21st century?
The question is to know whether people can still listen. The information overload makes it hard to have an impact if you don’t control the media or know the right outlets. Your message can easily get lost. The all point about a manifesto is to disseminate ideas. And that’s where politics and censorship come in.